Friday, May 20, 2005
Who I am . . .
- Name: PODdy Mouth
- Location: Washington, D.C., United States
I am an author and instructor, in that order (for now.) My debut novel (which debuted in the midlist) was released by Penguin Putnam in 2004 and my second novel was released early 2006. As for this blog, it has been profiled in many online magazines, blogs and news stories, including the Washington Post, Entertainment Weekly, the Boston Globe, the Dallas Morning News, the LA Times and Publishers Lunch.
Why am I doing this . . .
The 2006 Needles . . .
The 2005 Needles . . .
Attention POD authors . . .
Attention publicists . . .
To answer the deluge of questions I have been receiving from publicists: I'll review pretty much anything that is good--but it better be good, or I'll never look at another one of your books again. Then I'll hunt you down. Fiction preferred (no fantasy or young adult, go easy on the science fiction.) Non-fiction should be memoir, humor, self-help. Definite no-nos: cookbooks, textbooks, porn, books without verbs. And it must be POD (no small presses.) Otherwise, email with pitch first.
The first POD-dy poll . . .
The 2006 Selections . . .
- THE DOORBELLS OF FLORENCE by Andrew Losowsky
- BUCKY TOLD ME TO PUT A STICK IN THE DOOR . . . AND OTHER WHITE LIES TO LIVE BY by Carl Francis Cusato
- MY OTHER BODY: A MEMOIR OF LOVE, FAT, LIFE, AND DEATH by Ann Pai
- GRAY HIGHWAY:AN AMERICAN UFO JOURNEY by Matthew Holm and Jonathan Follett
- AMAZING JOURNEY by Mark Ian Wilkerson
- RANSOM SEABORN by Bill Deasy
- MONKEY WRENCH by Harland W. Carson
- DIGGING TO INDOCHINA by Connie Biewald
- A MULTITUDE OF MERCIES by Fay Freimuth
- THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH by Daniel Scott Buck
- MISS ALICE MERRIWETHER'S LONG LOST CAKES & FURTHER ARCANE INDUCEMENTS TO WONDER by Barry Aitchison
- NORTH OF SUNSET by Henry Baum
- THE DEATH OF MILLY MAHONEY by Susanne Severeid
- FUTUREPROOF by N. Frank Daniels
- THE MIDDLE-AGED MAN AND THE SEA by Christopher Meeks
The 2005 Selections . . .
- ISN'T THAT BIGAMY? by Mike Vogel - 2005 Needle Award Winner: Commercial
- MORNING GLORY'S LONG LOST ORDER OF WORSHIP by Brian A. Massey - 2005 Needle Award Winner: Literary
- ANGEL DUST APOCALYPSE by Jeremy Robert Johnson - 2005 Needle Award Finalist
- DAYS OF GRACE by Mark Falkin - 2005 Needle Award Finalist
- THE DIDYMUS CONTINGENCY by Jeremy Robinson - 2005 Needle Award Finalist
- GOLEM by Greg Vilk - 2005 Needle Award Finalist
- THE SEARCH FOR AN INAPPROPRIATE MAN by RoseMarie London - 2005 Needle Award Finalist
- ENVY THE RAIN by Jamie Boud - 2005 Needle Award Finalist
- RATED F by Todd C. Noker - 2005 Needle Award Finalist
- WAITING FOR THE WORLD TO END by Nicole Hunter - 2005 Needle Award Finalist
- NEVER SAY MURDER by Geoffrey Walters
- JACUZZI by Ken Jacuzzi
- TORPEDO by Jeff Edwards
- CONVICTION by Skylar Hamilton Burris
- CIRCUIT by T.C. Gardstein
- ONE SISTER'S SONG by Karen DeGroot Carter
- ALL ABOUT MOTHERHOOD by Kathryn E. Livingston
- A TEST OF SURVIVAL by Marnie Schulenburg
- STORIES OF STRENGTH edited by Jenna Glatzer
- THE PULPWOOD ANNIE CHRONICLES by Max Courson
- MURDER ACROSS THE BOARD by Jane Barcroft
- WILD WOMEN by Simon Leigh
- DEATH COMES TOO SOON by Patricia Harrington
- WITHOUT GRACE by Carol Hoenig
- NIPPLE CONFUSION, UNCOORDINATED POOPING AND SPITTLE by Roger Friedman
- CONSCIENCE by John Mason Skipp
- STUCK OUTSIDE OF PHOENIX by Arthur Edwards
- A PORTION UNDER THE SUN by Mark Schafron
- THE VICARIOUS LIVER by Beth Amos
- TECHNO NOIR edited by Jeffrey Marks and Eva Batonne
- SUFFER IN SILENCE by David Reid
- MICHAEL IN HELL by Dennis Latham
- A SMALL CASE OF MURDER by Lauren Carr
- DÃJÃ VU by Ian Hocking
- I WAS A VACUUM CLEANER SALESMAN by Shelly Rivoli
- THE RED CADUCEUS by Gerald Strand
- THE KING, McQUEEN AND THE LOVE MACHINE by Barbara Leigh
- MORE TOWELS by Grant Jarrett
- MISS MEDIA by Lynn Harris
- DEADER BY THE LAKE by Doug Cummings
- THE CIRCLE OF SODOM by Pat Mullan
- COOKING FOR LOVE by Sharon Boorstin
- DUCK BLOOD SOUP by Joseph Molea
- FRENCHING VIOLET by Gary Marchal
- THE CHICAGO KILLER by Joseph Kozenczak
- ABERDEEN STORIES by Steven C. Stoker
- LOVE IN THE TIME OF THE APOCALYPSE by Gregory Blecha
- INFERTILITY SUCKS by Beverly Barna
- STRIPPER SHOES by Cheryl Bartlett
- ALWAYS FAITHFUL by John Hartnett
The Needle Awards . . .
The First Agent and Editor Q&A Series . . .
- Agent One
- Agent Two
- Agent Three
- Agent Four (Jenny Bent)
- Agent Five (Kirsten Manges)
- Editor One
- Editor Two
The Mandatory Reads (Interviews) . . .
- Elizabeth Burton
- Will Clarke (part one)
- Will Clarke (part two)
- Michael R. Crider
- Natalie R. Collins
- Susan Driscoll
- Natasha Munson
- Laurie Notaro
Judging books by their . . .
The veiled insiders . . .
Where we've been . . .
- Something old, something new
- Agent & Editor Q&A: Editor One
- MISS MEDIA by Lynn Harris (iUniverse)
- Agent & Editor Q&A: Agent Two
- Agent & Editor Q&A: Agent One
- The (Authorhouse) Empire Strikes Back!
- DEADER BY THE LAKE by Doug Cummings (iUniverse)
- The Never-ending POD Debate
- MANDATORY READ: The Natasha Munson Interview
- (Even more) Even more